Wind Turbine Inspections and Asset Status
Ventus Engineering can support you in finding potential problems before they are even there. If done periodically, you will know early on if some key exposures are not performing as expected, and you can then convert unscheduled maintenance into preventive and scheduled services, and thus, protect the wind turbine against crucial problems that can cause costly failures and prolonged wind turbine downtime. That way, you will reduce unscheduled maintenance, improve availability, reduce repair costs, plan repair logistics more efficiently and add production and value over the long-term.
We can provide a large number of inspection services to the on- and offshore wind industry. Our inspection specialists are equipped with the latest methods and technologies to give a full documented report of findings, stating a clear overview of the current turbine status. Furthermore, the report includes a suggested list of actions to prevent further wear or damage on your asset.
The scalable inspection solutions can be tailor-made to individual customer needs, extending from a single specific inspection to complete inspection packages like for example before signing Take Over Certificate, Out of Warranty inspection, Due Diligence etc.
Inspections could be performed either on a single turbine or an entire wind farm.
Our inspection services extend to:
- Visual inspection
- Thermographic inspection
- Gearbox inspection by Videoscope
- Main Bearing inspection by Videoscope
- Blade pitch bearing inspection by Videoscope
- Blade ultrasound inspection
- Blade internal visual inspection
- Blade external inspection by telephoto
- Blade external inspection by Rope Scooter
- Oil analysis according to ISO 4406
- Grease analysis with particle microscopy
- Generator Alignment Inspection
- Generator insulation testing
- Tower verticality testing
- Vibration Monitoring test according to VDI 3834
- Resistant testing of grounding system for lightning protection
- Testing of surface protection thickness on steel structures
- SCADA Data review of alarms and performance parameters
- Ultra sound scanning of mainframe
- Ultra sound inspection of blade root inserts